On Monday, Indian Govt decided to ban 59 apps that are linked to china stating that they are engaged in activities which are “prejudicial to the sovereignty and integrity of India, defense of India, security of the state and public order”.
In the ongoing no china products campaign, people supported in huge numbers to boycott Chinese products which includes Chinese apps and Software. Government’s official decision on this issue has added a boost to the campaign. We have already written an article on which 59 apps are banned by Indian Govt and the reason behind ban.
In the previous post, we also mentioned that ‘why you Should NOT try to search alternative for all 59 apps‘. The reason is that, there are many apps in this list that are related to cleaning phone, battery saver, Virus cleaner etc for which there is no need to find any alternative. Current versions of Android and iOS can themselves take care of the optimization tasks related to cleaning junk, cleaning unnecessary background apps, battery saving optimizations etc. So, we don’t suggest you to use any apps in these segments on your phone.
List of apps that you don’t need to check for an alternative
- DU battery saver
- Clean Master – Cheetah Mobile
- DU Cleaner
- DU Privacy
- Mi Community
- Virus Cleaner
- Cache Cleaner DU App studio
Productive alternative app list for the banned apps
We have made multiple apps into one category so that you don’t try up installing multiple apps for same task and also it will be easier for you to select one among multiple choices.
- TikTok, Helo, Likee, Vigo Video, New Video Status, V fly Status Video, U Video, Kwai: All these are short video sharing platforms. There is an Indian made app called Roposo which is booming now a days. Chingari has also taken a new hype. Also, wait for sometime to see YouTube launching its app which would be called as YouTube Shorts.
- ShareIT, Xender, ES File Explorer: Single app that can work for file sharing and file manager is Google’s Files Go. It is simple and secure with trust of Google.
- UC Browser, CM Browers, APUS Browser, DU Browser: Chrome, Firefox are better optimized and widely used browsers than all. Also, you can try using Indian made Jio Browser which is trusted and has engagement activities like UC Browser.
- Baidu map: In maps, Google’s inbuilt Google maps is the best one.
- Meitu, YouCam makeup, Beauty Plus, SelfieCity, Wonder Camera, Photo Wonder, Sweet Selfie: All these are photo editing apps which enhances the beauty. If you have Google’s Snapseed, Adobe’s Lightroom, PicsArt it is more than sufficient for your phone even if you are a professional photographer/ editor.
- Club Factory, Shein, ROMWE: Flipkart, Amazon, Myntra have almost all wide range of products which are available as in these platforms.
- WeChat, Mi Video Call – Xiaomi, We Meet: No doubt, it’s Whatsapp which is best and a simple alternative. You can use Google meet as well.
- UC News, Newsdog, Weibo, QQ Newsfeed: Google gives news in it’s app as per your likes or you can always ask your Google assistant to show some. You can also try Jio news, inshorts.
- QQ Mail, Mail Master: Gmail, Outlook and many more are available.
- QQ Music: Google play music is simple and sufficient to play local music. For online streaming music platform you can go for Wynk, Gaana, JioSavan.
- QQ Player: Every phone will come with inbuilt player. So, this might not be required at all. Still if you need, then you can try MX Player.
- Bigo Live, WeSync, QQ International: You can make friends over facebook, Instagram and date over Tinder apps 😜
- Parallel Space: We are not sure about the best app without privacy issue in this segment. Comment and let us know if you have a suggestion.
- Viva Video – QU Video Inc: You can use Kinemaster, inShot as an alternative.
- DU Recorder: We are not sure about the best app without privacy issue in this segment. Comment and let us know if you have an answer.
- Vault- Hide: You can use Secret photo album.
- Hago Play With New Friends, Mobile Legends, Clash of Kings: These are gaming apps and we would like to leave upto user’s choice. Please comment and let us know your choice.
- Cam Scanner: Office by Microsoft is a single app for all document types and works as a scanner too. You can use Adobe scan as well.
- Baidu Translate: Google’s Gboard already has integration for translating related options.
- Vmate: We are not sure about the best app without privacy issue in this segment. Comment and let us know if you have an alternative suggestion.
- QQ Launcher: Launchers generally slow up your phone. It is recommended to use the default launcher available in your phone.
- QQ Security Center: This is a security center for your password related info for QQ apps. If you are not using QQ apps then you won’t need this as well 😂
During this health crisis caused by Covid19, we are sanitizing and cleaning our hands. Now it’s time to clean our phones which are filled with lots of Chinese apps which have privacy concern as stated by the Indian Intelligence report. It’s time to say ‘No China Products’, if you are thinking why?, then read this post